| Archives || Contact Us || ‘My Tribute‘ || Playlists || Podcasts || Streaming |
With a web browser (on a computer, tablet, or smart device):
- Listen Now (recommended)
- How to listen with Apple iTunes® Internet Radio (128 kbps)
- Radio Free America
With an APP (on a tablet, or smart phone):
With an “M3U Player,” e.g.: Apple iTunes® (on any suitable device, or platform):
- Click one of the following files to download it:
PLAYLISTS* (includes requests for song titles, artists, albums, etc.)
Shows heard on WPKN are created by individuals. The music played reflects the taste, thought, and planing, or impromptu mood, of the presenter: crafted from WPKN’s extensive record and CD library, and the Host Programmer’s personal music collection. WPKN‘s music shows cover a variety of genres. The shows heard on WPKN are never a pre-programmed, algorithmic selected assortment. The choice of playlist dissemination is as individual as the person presenting the show. A programmer might announce what’s played either before, or after a “set.” Some post a playlist in real time on ‘Tweeter.” Others might post a show’s playlist in one of the following locations:
- the Archives (Searchable by Host, Show, and Date & Time — NOTE: Shows are available for 2-weeks from date of broadcast.)
- WPKN Radio (WPKN’s Community Facebook Page)
- Spinitron (Use the calendar and search features to find playlists that are posted. NOTE: not all programmers list playlist this way.)
- A host’s personal social media site (Look for links on the Host’s Profile Page)
Finally, while not perfect, there are a number of “Song Recognition Applications” (APPs) available for use on a smart device which can be used while listening, or re-listening to a show from the Archives. This is a good thing to have if you like being able to identify the music you’re listening to. (Search the internet for ‘Song Recognition Apps’ to find one you like.)
If you prefer: depending on availability (see: Host Profiles found from the ‘Hosts Page‘), you can send an email message directly to the programmer, or send a written request to:
Attn: [HOST NAME, and/or SHOW TITLE]
244 University Ave
Bridgeport CT 06604-7775
WPKN’s talk-oriented programs, Public Affairs, cultural shows, and interviews are now available as podcasts. Search “WPKN Community Radio” with a Podcast APP. Additional information available at: PODCASTS.
How to record & send your personal ‘My Tribute’ message about what and/or why you like WPKN (please keep your message between 1-2 minutes), then send it to “email@example.com” for broadcast on the air.
- Open the Voice Memos app
- Tap the [RED] button to begin
- Record your message
- End, and listen to your recording
- Save the file with you name
- Tap the send button, select email, and send to “firstname.lastname@example.org“
- Click here for instructions
The Archives is a (off-site) source for (re-)listening to WPKN Shows not available as PODCASTS. It is searchable by: Host, Show, and Date & Time.
Note: Shows are available for 2-weeks from date of broadcast.
WHO/HOW TO CONTACT US
Answers to contact questions can be found on the Directions/Contact Us and Station Management pages. Links to those pages are under the “ABOUT” Menu on the Home Page. You can use the forms at the bottom of the “Directions/Contact Us” page to send an email message, or write us a letter at the mailing address listed there.
This page was updated on: 6/11/18