The Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) has opened five, seven-day-a-week Disaster Recovery Centers in Bridgeport, Greenwich, New Haven, Old Saybrook and Groton to assist home owners and businesses affected by Storm Sandy, authorities say.
Residents and businesses in Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex and New London Counties who suffered damage as a result of Storm Sandy are encouraged to register with FEMA before visiting the recovery center by either calling 800-621-FEMA (3362) or by going online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov. For those with speech or hearing disabilities, the TTY number is 800-462-7585.
Hours of operation for each of the additional centers are Monday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Bridgeport DRC is at Housatonic Community College, 900 Lafayette Blvd. The Greenwich one is at the Western Greenwich Civic Center, Room 203, 449 Pemberwick Road.
The Groton center is located at the Groton Senior Center, 102 Newtown Road; New Haven’s is at Long Wharf Campus Gateway Community College, 60 Sargent Drive; and Old Saybrook’s is at the town’s police department, 6 Custom Drive.
WPKN is seeking Volunteers.
call 203-331-9756 or email our Volunteer Director at email@example.com
2 AM The A List: Vinny
6 AM Al Jazeera English: Radio News Hour
7 AM WPKN Mornings: Jeep Ward
9 AM Radio Nothing: Rod Richardson
12 Noon Entrepreneurial Training, Financial Education, Professional Development: Fran Pastore, President of the Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC)
1 PM Jazz And Standards: Malcolm C. Dankner
4 PM The Quest: Terry Hopper (fill-in for Radio Something: Valerie Richardson)
Tune in to Terry’s special Election Day Quest from 4 to 7 PM. No pundits, (enough already), just lyrics and laughs and hope and O.K., maybe a message or two but then that is entirely in the ears of the beholder (deniability strategy, see I have learned something from the candidates)!
6:55 PM WPKN Local News – from Long Island Patch editors, CTMirror.org and CTNewsJunkie.com
7:30 PM Progressive Radio: Matthew Rothschild
8 PM WPKN Special Election Night Coverage: Hosted by Scott Harris, Richard Hill, Liz Becker and Ken MacDermott-Roe
The coverage will feature updates on all the crucial national and local races as well as commentary from local and national guests including:
- Ralph Nader
- Cheri Honkala (Green Party VP candidate)
- Kevin Alexander Gray, Civil Rights activist and author
- Bertha Lewis, former CEO of ACORN
- Paul Bass, ed. New Haven Independent
- Melinda Tuhus, independent reporter
- Phyllis Bennis, foreign policy expert
- Senator Nina Turner (Ohio), grass roots activist
- Robert Borasage, contributing editor to The Nation on economic issues
- Robert Jensen, media analyst
- John Nichols, contributing editor to The Nation
- Medea Benjamin, Code Pink
- Richard Wolfe, economist, author
- Nathan Schneider, Waging Non-Violence and Occupy Wall St.
- Ebong Udoma, WSHU reporter