Mikki’s Room: Saturday Night, 10 PM to 2 AM –
Each week a different genre of music, an occasional spoken word, and Black History, dedicated to the people doing time behind walls; punctuated with shout-outs to listeners and those behind the walls of circumstance:
- 1st Saturday – “Blue Roads”: when you’ll hear some of my favorite artists
- 2nd Saturday – “The Teachers”: which takes us back to (mostly) Jazz from the past
- 3rd Saturday – “Soul’s Place”: plays homage to the great R&B & Soul artists
- 4th Saturday – “Rivers”: playing Reggae/African sounds
- Whenever there’s a 5th Saturday – “Sacred Spirits”: all Native American music and stories
During February I play a lot of Black History – all spoken word.
On the the 1st Saturday in April I play the music of Marvin Gaye & Gil Scott-Heron.
You can write to me at: email@example.com, or
244 University Ave
Bridgeport CT 06604-7775
More about Mikki
- FAVORITE SONG: Can't really say I have a favorite song/artist.
- FAVORITE THING ABOUT WPKN: That I have the freedom to do... what I do.
03-07-2016 AT 12:00 amMikki’s Room
02-07-2016 AT 10:00 pmMikki’s Room
Click here to hear Mikki's past episodes.